|This is Deb's recipe for Greek salad. It's tangy, but mild; no onions or peppers. Of course you can add those if you are so inclined. This recipe makes about 12 to 15 servings.|
From your kitchen:
|1 ||very large jar & lid |
| || |
|1 ||deep pan & lid |
| || If using a jar, you'll also need a 1 quart shaker jar |
|1 ||set measuring spoons |
|1 ||measuring cup with ⅓, ½ and 1 cup measures |
|1 ||knife suitable for cutting tomatoes and cucumbers |
|1 ||large stirring spoon |
|1 ||cutting board |
|1 ||vegetable peeler if you'll be peeling the cucumbers |
|lbs whole tomatoes |
or 15 oz. cans diced tomatoes
|4 ||cucumbers |
|1 ||cup crumbled feta cheese |
|2 ||cups pitted Kalmatia olives |
|2 ||cups white vinegar |
|⅓ ||cup olive oil |
|½ ||cup lemon juice |
|1 & ½ ||teaspoons garlic salt |
|1 & ½ ||teaspoons sugar |
|¼ ||teaspoon black pepper |
|1 & ½ ||tablespoon oregano |
- Wash the tomatoes and cucumbers thoroughly.
- Cut up whole tomatoes into 1 inch cubes, or drain and add diced tomatoes.
- Optionally peel cucumbers (cucumber skin is great, nutritionally...)
- Slice cucumbers into thin rounds.
- If using a jar:
- Place multiple layers of tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, and olives into jar.
- Put the rest of the ingredients into a shaker jar.
- Shake well, then pour over the layered ingredients in the jar.
- Push layers down so the juice covers everything.
- If using a large pan:
- Put everything in pan.
- Stir ingredients thoroughly.
- Cover with lid.
| Tip: ||If using whole tomatoes, best served after refrigerating for at least 12 hours to allow the flavors to blend. Six hours if using diced tomatoes. The salad gets better every day for about three days, then the olives begin to lose their flavor. |
|Company:|| || Samsung|
|Camera:|| || SM-S908U (Galaxy S22 Ultra Cellphone)|
|Shot On:|| || 2022:07:26 08:58:00|
|Aperture:|| || ƒ/1.8|
|Focal Length:|| || 6.4mm|
|Metering Mode:|| || Center|
|Exposure Mode:|| || Auto|
|Flash:|| || Did Not Fire|
|Light Source:|| || Unknown|
|Exposure Time:|| || 1/120th second|
|Exposure Program:|| || Normal Program|
|ISO:|| || 320|